In almost every setting, plants look fantastic. However, if you have a bad habit of breaking things, you might be hesitant to stock up. After all, what’s the purpose of spending money on a beautiful plant if it will only survive under your care for a few months? Fortunately, those of us with black thumbs have a backup plan: we can stock up on fake plants. It’s important to note that fake plants frequently have a poor rap. The blatantly fake flowers that were all over our childhood, however, have gone a long way. Today, you can rely on finding fake plants outdoor that are lush and real-looking.
12 Best Fake Plants That Actually Look Realistic 2022
Additionally, because there is such a wide range available, you can quickly stock up on traditional ferns, the recently fashionable fiddle leaf fig trees, and everything in between. Of course, knowing where to search is the key. So that you can get started with your shopping, we’ve compiled a list of the top retailers you may visit the next time you want to get some genuinely attractive fake plants decor.
Classic Picks for What to Look for in a Fake Plants
Different retailers provide a variety of plants. And even when we’re talking about fake plants small, this is still true. If you enjoy traditional plants like ferns, ivies, and succulents, keep an eye out for shops with a wider variety of plants. These shops frequently sell a variety of items, making it simple for you to stock up on all the plants you need.
Some shops advertise a limited assortment of fake plants. However, these condensed choices can include a wealth of eye-catching and unique discoveries. So keep an eye out for these little but powerful collections if you’re searching for fake plants that are unique to what you’ve seen elsewhere. They may be found in specialty fake plants and home décor stores (though you might have a tougher time finding them at larger retailers).
There are many fake plants on amazon different pricing points for fake plants that look real. So make sure to go to places that are renowned for their low-cost treasures if you’re looking to save money wherever you can. Despite the fact that these shops frequently concentrate on low-cost furniture, accessories, and other fixtures, they frequently provide fake plants at renownedly low prices.
Here is a list of 12 of the best fake plants you can buy online. They include everything from a fern to a fiddle leaf tree. You should thus add at least one of them to your basket, whether you’re searching for little windowsill accessories or statement-making living room decor.
But first, a few pointers for making your fake flowers appear as authentic as possible:
- Always keep them clean! Genuine leaves don’t have a dust problem since they are frequently watered, unlike plastic leaves. Regularly use a sponge or paper towel to clean the leaves because a dusty plant won’t deceive anybody. To give your fake plant’s leaves a more realistic appearance, give them a little makeover by fluffing them occasionally.
- Make sure they match your current décor! If you dress your fake foliage properly, it will appear much more natural. For instance, placing a succulent in a contemporary space may seem out of place. Try a large-leafed standing plant instead that can withstand dramatic, geometrically formed contemporary furniture; just make sure the plant you choose complements the interior decor of the space where it will be placed.
- Make your planters one-of-a-kind! Fake greens are frequently delivered in unimpressive pots. Instead, try storing your artificial foliage in a unique one.
Let’s speak about your alternatives now that you know what to do after adopting your little sweetie. The top 12 fake plants that can improve your area are listed below, along with styling tips.
1. Nearly Natural 24″ Bougainvillea Hanging Basket Silk Plant
Fake plants for the living room version won’t need to be watered from such a great height, unlike real hanging plants, which may be difficult to maintain. Without taking up any floor space, this hanging basket plant from Nearly Natural brings a splash of color into your house. Bright pink flowers and cascading vines are used to decorate the wicker planter. This plant looks and feels shockingly lifelike for being fake, which is possible because horticulturists created the brand’s goods.
- 24 in. tall
- Size of the pot: 10 x 6 inches.
2. Besamenature Artificial Palm Tree Plant
A pleasant addition to any space, this fake plant from Besamenature features a lot of lovely palm tree foliage. It comes in three sizes that range in height from 12 to 28 inches, and each one includes a neutral-colored pot (either black or white depending on the size) that can be easily matched to any type of décor. While the bigger alternatives may be placed as a focal point or on a plant stand for extra height, the smaller versions can be used to give decoration to a bookshelf or entryway table.
- the palm tree
- 12-38 inches tall.
- From 13.27 x 4.33 x 4.25 inches to 40 x 5 x 5 inches are the pot dimensions.
3. Threshold 10″ Artificial Eucalyptus Arrangement
This charming eucalyptus plant from Threshold not only has a lovely simple design, but it’s also reasonably priced, so you can buy several without going broke. It comes in a tiny, white planter that would look lovely in any space and has a variety of medium and dark green foliage. The firm also sells fake fiddle leaf and fern arrangements at Target if you don’t like eucalyptus (or if you want a variety of plant styles in your house).
- Eucalyptus is a type of plant.
- Dimensions: 10 in.
- Pot size: 10 by 10 inches.
4. Freeport Park Fleeman Artificial Monstera Tree
This imitation monera, which comes in three different sizes, can instantly improve any room in your house. Its split leaves look just like those of a common tropical fake plant tall, and its bark and stems look very much like real plants. The plain black pot may be inserted decoratively into another planter or basket.
- Monstera is a type of plant.
- Height ranges from 48 to 72 inches.
- Size of the pot: 6 x 13 inches.
5. Forever Leaf Faux Pothos Plant
With vivid green leaves that pop against any backdrop, this lovely fake pothos plant will fool your guests into believing it’s the real thing. It’s still a fantastic way to bring color to any bookcase or coffee table, even though the leaves don’t trail as much as they would on a regular pothos plant with lots of time to mature.
- thirteen inches in height
- Pot measurements are 6.5 x 6.7 inches.
6. Hearth & Hand With Magnolia Faux Hoya Leaf Stem Potted Arrangement
What a lovely neutral-toned ceramic container this brilliant green hoya leaf is in. No matter where you decide to place it in your house, it’s the type of fashionable planter that will undoubtedly attract anyone’s eye. There are two sizes available, as well as a two-piece combination that includes one of each. Even if you have a limited amount of area, it will add the ideal quantity of greenery.
- Hoya leaf, a kind of plant
- 7 to 10 inches tall.
- Pot-sizes range from 3 by 2 to 4.25 by 2.25 inches.
7. Highland Dunes Grover 60″ Artificial Palm Plant
If you want a fake plant that makes a big impression, check out this sizable palm tree with a towering pile of leaves. It’s the type of lively, airy plant that will instantly make any room seem cozier. The fake palm tree has a highly realistic appearance, yet the leaves are still strong enough to allow for adjustments without causing harm.
- Palm is a type of plant.
- 60-inch height
- Size of the pot: 5.5 x 6.5 inches.
8. Kurrajong Farmhouse 8″ Artificial Grass Succulent Plant
This lovely artificial succulent is the ideal size to sit on a shelf, desk, or windowsill in this concrete planter. We think its simple design and neutral color would look good with both modern and rustic home decor. People won’t even be able to tell that the plant is a fake succulent since it seems so lifelike.
- 8 inches in height.
- Pot size: 4.5 inches across.
9. Fejka 67″ Artificial Weeping Fig Potted Plant
This weeping fig from Ikea is sure to stand out in your house thanks to its great height and plenty of vivid green leaves. The imitation tree may be placed inside or outside, so it will liven up both your front porch and workplace, especially on grey days when you need a mood boost. It comes in a straightforward black pot, but if you’d prefer a planter with more color, you can easily use another one.
- Weeping figure
- 67 inches tall.
- Size of the pot: 8.25 inches (diameter).
10. Opalhouse 5″ Artificial Succulent Plant With Brass Terrarium
A desk or floating shelf would look great with this little succulent from Target. The colorful stones inside the geometric glass planter make it look better than a regular clear pot. Although the plant itself may not have the most realistic appearance, its contemporary design definitely makes it stand out.
- 5 inches in height.
- Size of the pot: 5.25 x 4.25 inches.
11. Nearly Natural 24″ Golden Dieffenbachia Silk Plant
This eye-catching plant has a broad, compact array of vibrant leaves in various shades of green. Golden dieffenbachia is a great choice for multi-colored plants because its green leaves have yellow and white patterns on them. When you take it out of the box, it is ready to be displayed, unlike other fake plants whose leaves may need some shaping. (However, the branches may still be bent if you need to make changes.) Although the plant itself is rather lovely, the wooden hexagonal planter may perhaps steal the show.
- Golden dieffenbachia is the kind of plant.
- 23 in. tall
- Pot size: 12 by 12 inches.
Three white reed blooms that resemble feathers and long pampas grass make up this unusual fake plant. There are many different colors of plants and pots to choose from. This particular plant comes in a simple black pot. Regardless of the hue, you select, this faux plant will give your bathroom, bedroom, or home office a serene, spa-like atmosphere.
- Pampas Grass is a type of plant.
- 46 inches in height
- The size of the pot is 5.5 inches.