Making the bed with plush Bedding sets isn’t talked about nearly enough, despite all the discourse about obtaining a good night’s sleep—finding the appropriate temperature, the right aroma, the perfect face mask, the right mattress, and the proper light-blocking curtains. After all, silk bedding sheets are kind on the skin and decrease hair frizz, natural linen bedding may regulate your body temperature properly throughout the night, and mood-enhancing designs may just be the push you need to get to bed on time. Basically, the right bedding can turn your bedroom into a stylish retreat and help you sleep better in a number of ways. Need we say more? Here are 15 opulent sheet sets you should get right away for a nicer bed.
It might be hard to tell the difference between the different bedding start-ups’ high-quality hotel-style bedding sold directly to consumers at low prices. Also, because linen bedding is becoming more popular, it’s easier than ever to give your bed a casual, rumpled, but still put-together look.
15 Best Bedding Sets for Most Luxurious Night’s Rest 2022
We asked 26 design experts and tastemakers for their recommendations on the best bedding websites to buy, from traditional white Egyptian cotton to eco-friendly linen to completely bespoke sets, to help us sort through the various styles and materials available—a crisp cotton percale, a silky sateen, or something in between. Most of the options on this list come in sets that include a flat sheet, a fitted sheet, and two pillowcases. If any of these parts can be bought separately, we’ve pointed that out. And unless otherwise stated, all quoted prices are for bedding sets queen size.
What do we seek?
- Material: The first thing you should consider is the type of material your sheets are made of and, if necessary, the method of weaving. The most prevalent material for sheets is cotton, which falls into one of many primary material groups.
- Percale and sateen are adjectives that describe the cotton weave, which affects how full bedding feels, and are used to describe sheets made of cotton. The following materials are lyocell, jersey, silk, bamboo, and other alternative fibers, as well as linen (which is formed of flax). The bedding’s durability, breathability, and ease of maintenance will all depend on the material you pick.
- Cotton percale: Cotton percale has a crisp, lightweight, matte look and is comprised of a tight one-over-one-under plain weave (kind of like your favorite white button-up shirt). It is usually made of long-staple cotton and is very breathable, which makes it a great choice for people who sleep too hot.
- Cotton sateen: sateen is a looser three-over-one weave that offers a denser feel, a good drape, and a silky shine. Because it is thicker than percale, you will sleep a little warmer. An observation on the thread count, which only pertains to cotton sheets: The term “thread count” describes how many horizontal and vertical threads there are in one square inch of cloth.
- Although this isn’t always true, the prevailing perception is that sheets with a higher thread count are better. Between 200 and 600 is a reasonable thread-count range to look for in percale and sateen sheets, but also consider the fiber quality. Some of the best kinds of cotton in the world are long-staple Egyptian cotton.
- Linen: Made from the flax plant, linen has a rougher feel than cotton and can have a more desirable worn-in appearance. Additionally, it is more resilient than cotton and becomes softer with each use than cotton would. Another excellent option for sweaty sleepers is linen, because of the looser weave’s ability to breathe. Because of its reasonable pricing and the way it feels like your favorite worn-in T-shirt, the jersey is another common style of cotton bedding geology that you might associate with college dorms (and is just as low-maintenance).
- Jersey fabric is soft, stretchy, and cuddly because it is knit instead of woven. It is often made of cotton or a mix of cotton and synthetic fibers.
- Alternative materials: In addition to cotton, a variety of sheets are created from alternative materials, some of which are naturally derived. These materials include lyocell (also known as Tencel), bamboo, and microfiber. Lyocell and bamboo are two more options for warmer sleepers because of their reputations as being light, crisp, and breathable.
- Silk There is also silk, which is the priciest and most difficult to keep clean of all the luxury bedding options. Silk is glossy in feel and opulent to look at. It has a lovely drape, wonderful temperature control, and a smooth, no-snag, no-frizz surface. Silk is made from the cocoons of silkworms.
- Color and design: After deciding on the style of bedding you choose, you should think about the color and pattern of your sheets. Choose from traditional hotel whites with a little trimming, opulent sheets with piping, or the opportunity to monogram, for example, or a line that comes in a rainbow of colors.
1. Brooklinen Classic Hardcore Sheet Bundle
These brooklinen sheets offer hotel-style luxury at home since they are cool, crisp, and incredibly comfortable. These percale cotton sheets boast more than 50,000 five-star ratings and come in seven solid colors and five entertaining patterns. They also offer a slick matte texture (like a bold yellow stripe or rainbow-hued fern print). Buy the core sheet set, two extra pillowcases, and duvet cover together and save 25%. With one of the best mattress toppers available, you can make your bed cosier.
- breathable and light.
- “Short” and “Long” labels on sheets
- of chemical safety are OEKO-TEX approved.
2. Amazon Basics Cotton Jersey Bed Sheet Set
These thin all-season sheets are as comfy, soft, and breathable as your favorite worn-in T-shirt. These bedding amazons come in 11 hues, so you can choose something to fit your décor. The cotton material is woven with a pre-dyed yarn for a combed heathered effect. You really can’t go wrong with these because they also have more than 15,000 five-star ratings on Amazon, with an average rating of 4.7, and are less than $40 per set. So, what are consumers saying about these top sellers on Amazon?
The review section is full of exclamations like “so cozy,” “such a terrific deal,” and “the greatest sheets ever.” “I have tried them all… the inexpensive ones all the way to the insanely pricey ones,” says one ecstatic client. I like these despite the fact that I am a complete jersey knit sheet snob! They are of excellent quality and have a lovely weight to them; they are not too light nor too heavy.
- It’s really soft and pill-free.
- Beautifully, they wash.
- I’ll certainly be buying more of them!
- 11 inexpensive colors
- All-season Casper Percale Sheets
3. Casper Percale Sheets
If you’re not familiar, percale is the fabric used to make men’s formal shirts. You get the same chilly, crisp feeling in your bed. People who sleep overheated are best suited for the lightweight cloth since it doesn’t stick to the body. Reviewers say that these sheets are “exactly what they say they are: crisp, soft, and breathable,” and that they are “worth the money.” Also, they last a very long time because percale doesn’t pill and gets better with each wash. The answer to your question on how frequently you should wash your bed sheets is provided below.
- 100 percent organic cotton percale
- 30-night risk-free trial
4. Sheets & Giggles Eucalyptus Sheet Set
Knowing that your bedding was obtained ethically will help you sleep better. Eucalyptus is entirely made of plants and is completely biodegradable (aka microplastics-free). Compared to a set of sheets manufactured with cotton that was grown traditionally, the eco-friendly fabric consumes 96% less water and 30% less energy. These are the greatest bed sheets that also happen to be better for the environment thanks to thoughtful design elements like extra-deep pockets on fitted sheets and a “Bottom Left Corner” sticker on sheets (so you can always know which direction they go in).
These sheets are the new “ride or die” for one five-star reviewer who struggles with night sweats. She continues, “I haven’t slept this well in years.” It’s been almost a week in the midst of summer and I haven’t woken up sweaty once since placing them on my bed (really!). Even the adolescent lad who seldom sees anything said how wonderful the twin sheets were when I got them for my children. I want to buy more as soon as I can. These are highly advised. For Christmas, my entire extended family will receive some. What a great eco-friendly present idea!
- Hypoallergenic, temperature-balancing, moisture-wicking
5. The Company Store Cotton Percale Sheet Set
Cotton is a trustworthy, breathable, long-lasting material that you can rely on. This plain-weave fabric is soft to the touch, cool, crisp, and ideal for warm sleepers or warm evenings. It’s simple to pick a design you enjoy with these 100% combed cotton sheets from The Company Store since they are available in 25 colors and six sizes, including twin XL and California King. Two pillowcases, a flat sheet, and a fitted sheet are all part of a set. By the way, here’s how to properly fold towels and a fitted sheet.
- 300 thread count
- Combed cotton that is entirely
- Fitted sheets fit mattresses with a depth of up to 16 inches.
6. Mellanni 1800 Bedding Sheet Set
If you don’t already know about Mellanni bed sheets, you should. The prices start at just $35.97, making them one of the greatest packages available in terms of value. People are enamored with them beyond that. As a matter of fact, these brushed microfiber sheets have more than 193,000 five-star ratings on Amazon, with customers gushing about how amazing they are in all respects, not just financially. They are so very soft, it seems like you’re resting on a huge dog, says verified reviewer Jonathan Henry. Second, the color and softness have remained intact despite several items of washing.
There are no less than 44 colors, 13 prints, and sizes to choose from, including extra-deep pockets that can fit up to 21 inches. The firm is so confident in its quality that they give a lifetime money-back guarantee. The silky-soft fabric resists fading, stains, shrinking, and wrinkles. You are entitled to a full refund if, at any time, and for any reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase.
- Easy care
- The fitted sheet has elastic all around, so it always stays put
7. LilySilk 19 Momme Seamless Silk Sheets
This reputable company that specializes in silk bedding may provide you with the impression of ultimate luxury as you climb into bed (they boast 200,000 return clients!). The sheets’ seamless design is luxuriously soft, silky, and light thanks to their use of grade A mulberry silk. The ability to drain away sweat keeps you cool while the breathability and thermal insulation keep you comfortable without making you overheated. The pearl-like gloss finish of the expensive fabric looks great and is thought to protect your skin and hair, giving a whole new meaning to the phrase “beauty sleep.” Try these best-rated silk pillows for smoother hair and fewer wrinkles if you’re not quite ready to commit.
- Safe for sensitive skin
- 12 colors
8. Riley Reversible Flannel Sheet Set
You won’t want to leave the bed since the sheets are so comfortable. Here’s the word of a customer who gave the product five stars: “These sheets are incredibly comfy. I wish I could put them on! The set includes a top sheet, a fitted sheet, and two standard pillowcases and was made in Portugal from 100% quality cotton flannel. What’s best? They can be reversed! You may switch up the pillowcases and flat sheets to suit your mood and to make your bed even cozier because they have two sides, one lighter and one deeper in color.
- three hues colors
9. Luxome Luxury Sheet Set
These bed sheets are the best for sustainability since they are made from 100% pure viscose from bamboo. They boast the greatest thread count ever produced in bamboo sheets at 400. The buttery-smooth fabric is said to be softer than Egyptian cotton with 1,000 threads per square inch. It also keeps you cool and lasts the longest. But don’t just believe what we say. One of the collection’s most ardent supporters, Aimee D., writes: “I have sheets from all the most popular brands—I am a comfy-bed expert.” Just let me state that I won’t ever buy another brand.
The greatest of the best is, without a doubt, Luxome. I appreciate you completing “the sheet.” These sheets are the greatest on the planet in terms of comfort, appearance, and freshness from the washer. From now on, I’m a client! To regulate your temperature all night long, combine it with a cooling pillow.
- 17-inch deep pockets
- Thermal regulation
- sustainable moisture wicking
10. Magic Linen Charcoal Grid Linen Sheet Set
You can tell that this family-run company is an authority on linen because it only sells linen-related items. These sheets are perfect for year-round usage since they offer moisture-wicking properties that keep you toasty in the winter and cool in the summer. In fact, linen becomes softer with each wash and is twice as durable as cotton. Any plain bedroom will be livened up by this four-piece set in a chic windowpane pattern.
- Casper Hyperlite
- Sheets are eco-friendly and help
- regulate temperature.
11. Casper Hyperlite Sheets
These are the ideal bed sheets for you if you have trouble staying cool while you sleep. Vent-like structures made of a special grid weave improve airflow and conduct heat away from your body. The cool Tencel Lyocell fabric is popular with consumers. “I have been searching for decades for a set of sheets that were as light and cool as stated,” says one recent customer named Lauren. These get the prize! Sandra, a delighted customer, adds: “These sheets from Casper are the best I’ve discovered for my night sweats after testing a few different kinds.” Compared to some of the more costly brands, they provide higher quality.
- breathable fabric that resists sweat.
- Five hues colors
12. Brooklinen Luxe Core Sheet Set
It’s clear why this best-selling set is so well-liked given that it has more than 16,000 five-star ratings on the Brooklinen website. The silky material is incredibly smooth, warm, and breathable. A coating that doesn’t show wrinkles and has a brilliant shine gives it a polished look. Long-and short-side labels will also help to simplify washing day. If they tend to overheat at night, place them on top of a cooling mattress.
- 480 total threads
- of long-staple cotton in its entirety.
- More than 350 hazardous drugs have been certified as harmless.
13. Pottery Barn 400-Thread-Count Organic Percale Sheet Set
Look no further if you want a set of sheets that are better for the environment and you. This 400-thread-count organic cotton set is free of harmful chemicals and pesticides because it has the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certification for meeting high social and environmental standards. The fabric is also made at a plant that is Fair Trade Certified, which promotes safe and ethical working conditions and gives workers the freedom to give back to their communities.
- Available in six colors, monogramming makes a unique present.
- Mattresses up to 16 inches deep can fit under a fitted sheet.
14. Boll & Branch Luxe Framed Sheet Set
These luxurious organic cotton sheets underwent two years of research. French seams and three-way mitered hems, two haute couture finishing touches, are used on every design. Customers love the ultra-luxe velvety texture, as Katherine E. comments in her review: “Beautiful sheets! The standard is higher than the others. We adore how silky the cloth feels. Additionally, the appearance of these sheets on the bed gives one a really wonderful feeling. Madeleine K. writes in a second five-star review, “These sheets are fantastic! Such a delicate, breezy feeling. It is very opulent and well worth the price.
- the thread count of 500
- four hues
- Certified organic cotton by GOTS
What are some of the most essential items for dorm rooms? sheets that genuinely fit the bed of your college student. To accommodate taller students, most dorms feature expanded beds, necessitating twin XL bedding. This purchase is affordable (the three-piece set is only $9.50 for real!). It’s surprisingly smooth and silky, but more importantly, it’s simple to maintain. It has grade-A attributes for any child who is learning to do their own laundry, including stain, shrink, and wrinkle resistance.
- Fitted sheet in six different colors that is fully elasticized.
What to Look for When Shopping for Bedding
Range of products
Smaller direct-to-consumer companies that specialize in particular materials or provide unique colors and patterns are included in our list of the best places to buy bedding, along with larger retailers that have just about everything. You’ll probably have more luck at bigger shops like Macy’s if you’re looking for a specialty size like twin XL or split-king. There are some stores that only offer individual items, so think about whether you need a whole sheet set or just one piece of bedding. Additionally, search for stores that also sell comforters, pillows, and blankets if you want to purchase all of your bedding at once.
Examining your budget is one of the quickest strategies to choose a bedding store. Many of our best choices offer high-quality bedding at reasonable prices, and some (like Macy’s) often have sales and discounts. Be prepared to spend a premium if you want the highest quality available. Although ultra-luxury sheets and other bedding are less likely to be on sale, you will be investing in sheets that, with good care, should last for many years.
When it comes to bedding, return policies vary widely, so it’s vital to be aware of them—especially if you’re buying something online. You have plenty of time to test out your sheets before the return window ends with some of our best options because they have fairly forgiving policies.
Some people are stricter
Also note any peculiarities in the policy, such as the need to return bedding by mail rather than in-store. What’s a decent approach to lessen the likelihood of returning? You can test out colors and materials before making a purchase thanks to certain merchants’ free samples.